Saturday, August 11, 2007

Always Behind

I can't believe it has been three weeks since I last posted. It seemed all I did for about a week was frog stuff. I have been reading alot too. I am probably the only person in the world that wasn't all over the Harry Potter book when it came out. I have only read the first two. I read those a few years ago so I started over at the beginning and now I am on the second book. It will be a while before I get to the last one I think.





I have been knitting on a pair of Jaywalkers, (yes I know I am behind everyone on those too). I am making this pair for my sister in law. I am using the Socks that Rock lightweight in Chapman Springs. This yarn is holding up well considering how many times I have started over.






I have finished the first one and I am almost to the heel flap on the second. This yarn is great for this pattern. It really shows off the yarn without a pattern getting lost in it.

.



I have also made salsa. I love making salas but I wish my recipe made more at one time. I never seem to have enough tomatoes at one time to make more than a few pints at a time, but the husband claims it is the best salsa he has ever had so I will trudge on and make more throughout the summer and fall.




Some really pretty yarn came to live with me. It is a hank of Seacoast Merino/Tencel in the Autumn colorway and a hank of Dream in Color in the In Vino Veritas colorway. Now which one to knit first????

Happy knitting.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I just happened upon your blog when I was posting a comment on Janice's site for her blogiversary. You and she are now officially my sock inspirations. I love your blog.

Janice said...

I had my first sock take a trip to the frog pond... no fun at all!!! My second son has not read the latest Harry Potter which makes it hard for the rest of us to talk about it!! I did enjoy the books. The salsa looks good... I haven't made any in several years. But it is making me hungry just thinking about it!!
Looks like yummy yarn that came to live with you!!