Wednesday, December 31, 2014
I read overe 100 books this year so this was difficult for me to just pick ten.
1. Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker
2. One Tiny Lie by K. A. Tucker
3. Four Seconds to Lose by K. A. Tucker
4. Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker
I enjoyed these books so much that I didn't read for almost a week after I had finished them.
5. The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail by Richard Peck
6. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
7. Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan. In 2013, I read Waiting for the Magic. It is one of my favorite books of all time.
8. The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Child
9 The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
10. Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson
Thursday, October 09, 2014
Please ignore the horrible tablet photos. I couldn't get my camera to cooperate. ;)
Monday, July 28, 2014
Monday, July 07, 2014
I also have yarn that I want to knit with during my time frame. I only have one more project on the needles besides this one. Maybe that will get done as well.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Monday, June 02, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
I am spinning some Frabjous Fiber in Stained Glass. This is a BFL/Sparkle base.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
Monday, March 17, 2014
I have three skeins of Malabrigo Lace that I was going to use for a Featherweight Cardi, but I just didn't trust that it would hold up very long. I decided to use the yarn for a Girasole shawl instead. I started it this morning and this is up to the beginning of chart B.
Since it is Spring Break, I had more time to knit today. This picture is at the beginning of chart C. I am on row 6 of the chart now.
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
Sunday, March 09, 2014
Saturday, March 08, 2014
I have been blogging a lot about the dress I am making for my niece. I restarted it yesterday and I have made a little progress, but not enough to show.
This is my current pair of socks. I am done with the first one and I have started the second. I am hoping to have them done in the next week or so.
Friday, March 07, 2014
I have been knitting this dress for my great niece. I had been denying that it was too big and believing that I had enough yarn. I think now that I have decided that it was too big, I will have enough yarn. I ripped it out this morning and I am trying again.
Thursday, March 06, 2014
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Monday, March 03, 2014
Sunday, March 02, 2014
This is my current sock project. I am using Kroy FX to make my usual vanilla sock. I like a little ribbing on the side of my socks so they stay up a little better. I am getting close to being done with the first sock.
We were supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow but barely got an inch maybe two at the most. I was kind of hoping for a snow day but I guess I will be working instead.
Saturday, March 01, 2014
Tuesday, February 04, 2014
1. I am looking at this out my front window.
2. I am enjoying the snow days we are having.
3. I am blessed with a wonderful family that I love very much.
4. I am not enjoying shoveling snow.
5. I am enjoying the extra knitting time that snow days bring.
6. I am trying to resist starting new projects.
7. I am trying not to let negative people affect me and my attitude.
8. I am thankful for a warm home on this snowy day.
9. I am craving no bake cookies.
10. I am a few kitchener stitches from a new pair of socks.
Monday, January 20, 2014
There are times I worry how a project is going to turn out. If I am spinning I want the yarn not to be inconsistent. I want it to look like commercial yarn. I know lots of people are offended when someone says their handspun looks like commercial yarn. I take it as a compliment that my yarn looks good enough to be compared to commercial yarn. I know that it is handspun and then I get the enjoyment of telling them that I spun the yarn too. I think they are usually impressed. Sometimes, we have to let the perfection go, and just enjoy the process.
I love self striping sock yarn. I love how I can knit a basic sock and have it keep my interest by the color changes in the yarn. These are not going to be perfect. The color sequence is not in order but since I am not a fan of afterthought or short row heels I am just knitting my sock the way I like it and going with it.
I am not very experienced when it comes to spinning batts. Once again, I am trying to embrace the craft and enjoy spinning purely for the joy of spinning. This batt was very fun to spin and I am excited to see what the completed yarn will look like.
I started plying today. I will hopefully have it finished soon. I am not sure what I am going to make with it yet, but I am excited to find a project for it.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
The question today is 10 Things that make you feel like an adult:
1. Being a mom. This picture taken a few years ago is one of my favorites. We had just put up the Christmas tree.
2. Paying the mortgage.
3. Driving a car.
4. Having the occasional adult beverage.
5. Having a job.
6. Having a retirement account
7. Making responsible decisions like choosing to buy groceries instead of new shoes.
8. Being married.
9. Worrying, I try not to worry too much but knowing that there are things I just can't ignore even if I want to.
10. Staying up late and getting control over the remote. This doesn't happen much for me even if I am the adult.
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Sunday, January 05, 2014
Thursday, January 02, 2014
Well 2013 has come to an end and 2014 is here.
I started a neck warmer for Ben using the Just Try It pattern from Susan Ashcroft.
This should be a quick knit since he is only seven and I only have around 100 yards of yarn.