Saturday, January 19, 2013
I finished Frog and Carp and got around 409 yards of a two ply fingering weight. I am not sure what this is going to become just yet. I find that the longer I am spinning the less attached I get to my handspun. Maybe it will be a gift for someone.
This is my current spinning project. This is Wild Ivy Superwash Merino in Stolen Kisses. I have plans to navajo ply this and make a kick sack for my great niece that is due in March.
Sunday, January 13, 2013
I participated in the Stitchnerd's Mystery Cowl Knit a Long and this is the finished object. I had almost forgotten that it was time to reveal them. I used some yarn that I got at Hobby Lobby. It ended up being a gift for my son's teacher. Punkinbug looks very stylish modeling for me.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Project monogamy really makes for lousy blog posts. I am really trying to finish this sweater that has been on the needles for over two years. The only reason it has taken me this long is because sweaters SCARE me. I am afraid of the sewing up and wondering how it is going to turn out. I have a completed back, two completed fronts (except I still need to fix them where I messed up), and I almost have a completed sleeve. I have done one of the fronts and the sleeve just since New Year's Eve. I am trying to finish this in time to wear to a baby shower in a couple of weeks.
I haven't been spinning too much so this is what I am working on now (mainly in between sessions with my sweater). This is FatCatKnits in Frog and Carp superwash merino. I am about halfway done with the plying.
Friday, January 04, 2013
A back and two front pieces equal happiness.
Still having to knit the two sleeves, button bands and collar also equals heartbreak.
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Well, a new year has come upon us so I have made myself some goals.
These are the ten things I want to do this year.
1. Take better care of myself and exercise more. I did better last year and I want to continue.
2. Further develop my relationship with God. I did read my Bible everyday last year and I hope to do that again this year. (I already read for today).
3. Use yarn from my stash.
4. Knit more sweaters. I am determined to finish the sweater I started in 2010. I just have the two sleeves, part of the right front, button bands, and collar.
5. Project monogamy. I will try not to have too many projects going so I can finish things in a timely manner.
6. Read 75 books. I read 52 last year after I started keeping track in June. I love Goodreads for keeping track.
7. Blog more.
8. Spin at least 26 braids with a main goal of 39.
9. Run a 5K without stopping to walk at all.
10. Find joy in everyday. Remember what is really important and not to worry about things that don't really matter or that I can't control.
I hope you all have a great year.