Sunday, May 02, 2010

A Red Phase???


I started the Sock Knitters Anonymous May June Mystery Sock yesterday.  This pattern was designed by Cookie A.  I really like her designs even though I have only knit Monkeys so far.  I am using some Happy Feet yarn from my stash.  I have the first sock cuff done.  I am not sure if I will wait and cast on the second sock after the clues are all out or go ahead and knit the second sock up to the end of the first clue.


I have a tendency (if I really like the teacher) to knit something for them before the end of the year.  So far I have knit for all of them up to this point.  I had a hard time thinking of something to knit for Punkin's teacher.  She has very narrow feet and I thought socks might not fit very well unless I could try them on her.  She isn't really a "scarf" or "shawl" kind of person either.  My neighbor who lives across the street from the school thought mitten might be good.  These are the Pop Top Mitts that I knit for her.  They will go live with her tomorrow.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

I can't wait to see how the mystery cookie socks work up!