Saturday, May 08, 2010

Aaaahhhh Handspun






I have been listening to old episodes of Stitch It from when Meghan went to SOAR in 2008.  She was kind enough to pass on the knowledge that she learned in class to her listeners.




I learned how important predrafting was by listening to the episodes.  By predrafting I was able to spin the singles much more consistently.








I think this is one of the most "balanced" yarns I have spun to date.  There are very few spots of thick and thin in this hank.  I have 220 yards of a sport to heavy fingering weight here.  I think I might have enough for a pair of socks since I can get a pair of socks out of one hank of sport weight usually.























I needed a new shawl project for 10 Shawls in 2010, so I cast on the Seas Shawl out of my Sea Dream handspun.    Hoping to finish before the end of the month.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Gorgeous yarn! So impressive.