Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Great Weekend



I had a great weekend. I was able to go on a small trip to Des Moines to go to a concert with my nieces and my sister. We had a great time eating lunch and staying up way too late Saturday night. Yes this is a picture of me. I hate to have my picture taken but it was worth it to have one with my nieces.




These are my two nieces. It is hard for me to believe that I have nieces and nephews that are old enough to be in college. Jordan here on the left is a sophomore and Rebekah on the right is a freshman. Jordan says she looks fat in this picture. I think I need to slap her.



What concert did I go to??? I went to see Brad Paisley. I am a huge Brad Paisley fan. I have his albums and I know the words by heart. It is always the music I listen to when I am not sure what I want to listen to. It was a great concert. If you ever get a chance to go see him go. It was the last night of the tour and all sorts of practical jokes were going on and the crew must have went through a case of Silly String that comes out of the can. Jordan and Rebekah thought that the guy who opened for him was HOT.




This picture was taken Sunday morning. The girls were showing their Jayhawk pride.




This last picture might get me hurt but this is my sister. She was the wonderful person who called and let me know that Brad Paisley was coming and asked if I wanted to go. She let us stay with her and drove us around Des Moines. Thanks sis.

Want to know the best part??? Coming home. I realized that I don't like to be away from my family overnight much. I do go on an occasional trip but I would prefer any day to sleep in my own bed and snuggle with my husband. I also came home to a clean house and a brand new microwave. Wonder what I would get if I left for a longer period of time??? A dishwasher maybe????

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow - a great time AND goodies! I'm so glad to hear you had a blast, and that you got over your cold and were able to go at all.

I think you should hold out for a week away or something - you might just get a new house out of the deal! ;-)

Emily Cole said...

Wow, sounds like lots of fun! I NEVER come home to a clean house!!!