Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Robin's Got a New Toy!!!!!

I got a new toy and I think it has been stolen, by the Punkinbug. She had asked to treadle last night so I let her and all morning all I heard was "I want to pin on your pinning wheel".




I have went to the spin side. I have been thinking about it for a long time and did a ton of research on different wheels. I was not able to try very many out, I did try a Ashford Traditional single treadle and a Kromski Mazurka. I like the looks of the Kromski's and I wanted something that I could put away from little fingers. I got a Kromski Sonata.




The roving on the floor next to the Punkinbug is some Border Leicester that I got at my LYS. We dyed it with some Kool Aid in Black Cherry and Berry Blue.




This is how it spun up. I have some natural left and I am debating between spinning in natural or dyeing it with more Kool Aid just to have something fun to spin up. I am still waiting for the roving that I ordered when I got my wheel. I hope it gets here soon.


5 comments:

Linda said...

Yea! It's pretty! I can't wait to get the last of my class samples done so I can improve on my stuff too.

Tonni said...

CONGRATS!! Ooh, I can hear the little voice saying she wants to "pin" on your "pinning" wheel!! So cute! Now you have to work on a fiber stash :)

Guinifer said...

I just want to pat those little punkinbug cheeks - she is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the new toy - have fun! :-D

Janice said...

Look at your beautiful wheel!!! I finally have a few minutes to catch up on some blogs! (Our internet has been down forever!!) Isn't spinning fun?? Wish we could hang out and spin together!! Enjoy!!