Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Monkeys are Done!!!



I am pretty impressed with myself and theses socks. These are some seriously amazing socks. I was able to knit them in a little less than two weeks. That is really quick for me. I casted them on November 29, and finished them December 11. I used KnitPicks Options needles 1.5 and Memories sock yarn in the Fly Fishing colorway. These are for my sister in law. I was very tempted to make them for myself but I thought she would like them. I will make some for myself very soon though.




Since I finished up the Monkeys, I felt the need to cast on another pair of socks. I have decided I am going to try to use the yarns that I have wound into cakes so they get used. I had the Loopy Sock Club second installment wound up so I decided to cast them on. It is Claudia Handpainted Yarn. The Pattern is the Pheasant Run from Wildhorse Farm Designs. I am halfway through the leg on the first sock. I really like the pattern and the yarn but I am not too fond of all the knit through the back loops that are in it. I am determined to knit these sock club yarns with the patterns that came with them because they match so well.


The Branching Out scarf hasn't been touched since I blogged about it last week. I think I jinxed myself. I am making myself a little goal before the end of the year. I am not going to mention it again unless I actually make it. So hopefully I will have something exciting to announce in the new year that I reached this little goal.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Love the monkeys! The Claudia Handpainted is pretty too.

Linda said...

Those look great! I'm like you - I want to keep my sock club stuff knitted the way they sent them.

hakucho said...

Your monkey socks look great. I'm still working on the my first one that I cast on New Year's eve. I'm really enjoying the pattern so far :)

lots of happy knitting in 2008 :)