Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Where the Yarn Speaks



I have always heard "the yarn will tell me". I never believed it until now. My friend Linda sent me this yarn. I guess it wanted to move up here in the cold. Maybe this yarn needs a therapist because I would have stayed where it was warmer. I am really glad that it wanted to come here though. Thanks again, Linda.



This yarn finally got an "attitude adjustment" and is becoming a pair of socks FINALLY. I am using the Cable Rib Pattern from Favorite Socks. I do enjoy the pattern but I am not enjoying the cables stitches on size 0's too much.




This yarn has dreams of being a Christmas ornament, little does it know that it will be my next sock project. I am thinking Diagonal Cross Rib Socks or Embossed Leaves from the Favorite Socks book. Do you see a pattern developing here? All of a sudden I have been wanting to make the patterns out of this book. I got this book last year for Christmas and it wasn't until the last pair of socks I made did I get the "bug" to make so many of them. I am still trying to avoid making another pair of Monkeys. I should just give in and make another pair though, huh?




Last, but not least by any means, what would a blog post from me be like without a gratiuitous picture of Buddy.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Why fight it? If the yarn wants to be a Monkey let it be.

And you're still welcome. :)