Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Sock Finished, A Sock Frogged




I finished the first Horcrux sock today. I am very happy with the change that I made and it is a good fit. It is a bit snug so if I was ever to knit them again I might go with the 70 stitches but it is fine for me this time. I am also pleased with how the Kitchner stitch on the toe turned out. I also finished it in six days which is a new record for me. Woo Hoo!!!!!




I had to frog my hubby's sock. It was just too tight. The sock stood up all by itself without a foot in it. Needless to say, it has drowned but is now resurfacing at the top of the pond since I cast it on again and have knitted five rows on the ribbing. I think I will be much happier with it and my hands won't hurt as I knit it either.

I have also done one repeat on the baby blanket so only nine to go before Friday. I haven't worked on the Mad Color Weave sock. I am pondering ripping it out since it has some mistakes and has the same kind of heel that I changed on the Horcrux sock. I will ponder it a little further before I decide.

Happy Knitting

2 comments:

amanda cathleen said...

Horcrux sock looks great! Love the colors. : )

Beverly said...

Thanks for the comment at my blog on my Jaywalkers! I like the sock you just finished too. The colors are very pretty. Too bad about your husband's sock. But at least you know before finishing the whole pair! I enjoyed meeting you too.