Thursday, February 02, 2012

Spinning Has Taken Over

I have been spinning quite a bit this year.





This is Wild Ivy BFL, it is around 182 yards of worsted weight.  I usually don't spin thicker yarns but it turned out okay I think.  I am planning for some mittens or fingerless mitts.



This is Woolgatherings January 2012 fiber club.  It was a BFL/Seacell blend.  I am planning another Sockhead hat I think.



This is UrbanGypz Superwash Merino.  The colorway is Little Laney and it is a three ply fingering weight.   I plan to make some socks with this.  I love this yarn for socks.  They are so soft and cushy.  The two pairs I have made from yarn spun from this fiber are my favorites.


So far this is what I have spun this year.  I am really enjoying spending time with my wheel.  I already have another braid on the wheel.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow!! They're gorgeous. Thanks for the fix. :)

Sigrun said...

So envious! Beautiful work, Robin.