Thursday, August 05, 2010

Now Posting from Wamego, KS


Wow, what a couple of weeks it has been.  We have moved from Minnesota back to Kansas due to the husband being relocated.   I will save all that excitement for a later post.

On a knitting front (since technically this is a knitting blog), I do have a little to show.




First, I have an LYS that is not 40 minutes away!!!!!  It is right here in the town that we moved and it carries spinning fiber.  I am so excited.  





This is the bump of Merino/Silk blend that I picked up when I went to check out the store after a day of unpacking boxes.  











This is my current spinning project.  I am still working on the Chocolate Cherry Frabjous Fibers BFL  I have about three more feet of roving to spin.  I am going to do a two ply and hopefully make a Clapotis with it for winter.







Since most of the boxes are unpacked, I have found a little bit of knitting time.  I had started this before we moved but I made a mistake so I ripped it and started it over a couple of days ago.  It is the Traveling Woman and I am using some of my handspun that I had in my stash.  I am going to increase the repeats to 13 instead of 11 since I still have 81 grams of yarn.  I will probably do two repeats of chart A and one of chart B like the pattern calls for unless I have still have quite a bit of yarn after the first two repeats of chart A.


No comments: