Sunday, June 01, 2008

K is for

Knitting!!!! Duh. I have been doing some of it too.




I knit a pair of socks in ten days. That is a new record for me. It usually takes me about two weeks to knit a pair for some reason but I was on a deadline so I was able to finish them pretty quick. These were for the Punkin's teacher, Mrs. H. She was an amazing teacher and I hope the other two kids get a chance to have her too.

The details? Dream in Color Smooshy in Happy Forest. Embossed Stitch pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. They were knit on 1.5 KnitPicks Options DPN's. Started on May 20, 2008 and Finished on May 30, 2008. Dream in Color Smooshy is wonderful stuff. It has some slubs and thin spots but the color makes up for all the "icky" parts of the yarn. It is a yarn I will definitely use again.




I was "chatting" with my friend, Linda, and I asked her what I should knit next. She said either a summer top for one of the girls or the Noro Sock Yarn. I didn't have any yarn or a pattern for the girls so I decided to cast on the Noro Sock Yarn. I am using the Undulating Rib Pattern from Favorite Socks. The colorway is
S40. I am still deciding if I like the yarn or not. I know some people love it and some say "never again". The colors are amazing like most Noro but I am not fond of the "yarn barf" I keep pulling out. I think I have spent as much time untangling as I have knitted on them. I will wait and decide if it will be repeated in my sock knitting stash after they are washed and worn for awhile.

Rumor has it that this knitter is taking on a new adventure..........

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Well, I think you know how I feel about the yarn barf! I certainly love the purple you've got going...