Friday, November 02, 2007

FO Friday and a Visitor

Hey, well it is Friday and I finished something. I set myself a goal to try to have three finished objects by the end of next week, Sunday, November 11. One down and two to go. I think one is doable the third will be iffy. The third is the baby blanket we shall see.



This is my finished object or actually two since it is a pair of socks. I started this pair at the beginning of October. I finished them earlier today. I got a little side tracked by the baby blanket and a pair of "lippers" for the Punkinbug. The yarn is STR Lightweight in Gingerbread Dude. The pattern was Seeded Ribbing from the More Sensational Knitted Socks book. I think they turned out pretty good. I am learning not to be such a perfectionist and to quit looking at every little mistake. I am trying to remember that knitting is supposed to be fun.





I mentioned a visitor. This morning I walked outside to take the girls to school and this was in my breezeway. My visitor snuck in sometime last night and has hung out all day with us. I did a bad thing and fed the poor thing this afternoon. I thought it had to be hungry since it hadn't eaten all day. I have no idea where our visitor came from but the visitor seems to be happy right where it is.

Tomorrow, I am going on a trip up to Minnetonka to see my aunt and might get to check out some spinning wheels while I am there. We shall see.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Oh, your visitor is absolutely gorgeous!

Linda said...

Hope you have a great time today.

Your visitor is probably a she. I think that's one of the colorings that's a purely female trait. Is she friendly?

Janice said...

Love the socks!! The look very comfy! (And warm now that the weather is turning cooler...) Nice visitor... what a surprise to find on your porch!!