Friday, July 01, 2016

Sock Throwdown Update


I have made good progress on my personal Sock Throwdown Challenge. I also had a setback. 




 I finished the June Desert Vista Dyeworks socks.  I used the Peter Max colorway and a US 0 set of Addi Flip Stix dpns to knit them.  They are just a plain vanilla sock with a heel flap.

 I absolutely love knitting with a sock blank, now that I know exactly what works for me.  I finished the Gale's Art Lady Sings the Blues socks.  These were knit on a pair of Knitter's Pride Karbonz size 0 dpns.  I really do not enjoy the Karbonz as much as I did the first time I knit with them.  I think I will probably destash them at some point.  This sock was a 72 stitch plain vanilla socks with a heel flap, which is my favorite.


I finished the first of the handspun socks.  I have not cast on the second one yet.  These are knit on a US 1 Chiagoo 40 inch circular.  I really need to cast on the other sock but just haven't taken the time to do it yet. It is a plain Vanilla sock with 52 stitches and a heel flap.

My setback.  I cast on another pair of socks and this is the reason why the handspun sock has not been cast on. This is a plain vanilla sock with 72 stitches and a heel flap.  I am using Hiya Hiya dpns size 0.  These by far are my favorite needles.  The yarn is Lorna's Laces in the Boardwalk colorway.


I am pretty happy that I finished the two pairs and hope to finish the other two pairs this month.  I need to cast on my July Desert Vista Dyeworks socks.  I might wait a couple of days before I do that. I have picked out my yarn and plan to use my Hiya Hiya dpns to knit them.


Have a great day!!!

No comments: