Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Last Two Projects for the Year and a Year End Wrap Up
The Mondo Cable Pullover has been done for a few weeks. I kept meaning to take better pictures of it, but never got around to it. I am so excited that it fits and turned out well.
This pair of socks had been on the needles for over two months. I started the striping socks before these were finished but I kept having guilt about these so I hurried up and finished them last week.
These were my goals for this year,
Well, a new year has come upon us so I have made myself some goals.
These are the ten things I want to do this year.
1. Take better care of myself and exercise more. I did better last year and I want to continue. I managed to do this, I continued exercising and I feel better for it.
2. Further develop my relationship with God. I did read my Bible everyday last year and I hope to do that again this year. (I already read for today). I have stuck with this one pretty well.
3. Use yarn from my stash. I used some but could have done better
4. Knit more sweaters. I am determined to finish the sweater I started in 2010. I just have the two sleeves, part of the right front, button bands, and collar. I finished one sweater see above.
5. Project monogamy. I will try not to have too many projects going so I can finish things in a timely manner.
I did better with this. I will never be a totally monogamous knitter though.
6. Read 75 books. I read 52 last year after I started keeping track in June. I love Goodreads for keeping track.
I read 94 books this year.
7. Blog more. I succeeded with this by two posts more than last year.
8. Spin at least 26 braids with a main goal of 39. Not really sure how well I did in this category this year. I know that I didn't spin as much as I did the year before.
9. Run a 5K without stopping to walk at all. Epic FAIL!!!!!
10. Find joy in everyday. Remember what is really important and not to worry about things that don't really matter or that I can't control. Still ongoing, some days it can be difficult at times but there is joy everywhere I just have to choose to find it.