Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Socks and the Darkside


I finished these socks last weekend.  They are Charade Socks in Two Windows Dye Co.  Knitty Bitty sock.  
I used size 0 Hiya Hiya Sharps on a 40 inch circular.



These I finished before I started the previous pair. I just sort of made up a pattern for these and I used Lollipop self striping.  I used a size 1 Chiagoo 40 inch circular.


This is my current sock in progress.  I am using Araucania Huasco on a size 0 Hiya Hiya Sharp 40 inch needle.  The pattern is called Bowties are Cool.  I am not following it exactly I changed the heel flap since I am not a big fan of the garter stitch edges on the one the pattern called for.


I am going to admit that I used to think using Magic Loop was like going to dark side in Star Wars.  I was old school double point needles all the way.  I dabbled in two circulars some but I always preferred the double points, but one day I lost one of my needles somewhere so I decided to try Magic Loop.  I have gone to the dark side all the way.  All three of these pairs of socks were knitted Magic Loop.  

No comments: