Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This And That





The wind caused this. This is our street sign on our corner that blew down due to the terrible winds we are having right now. The weather people say that they should die down here in a little while. I also know that I didn't really miss hot weather all that much. It is too hot to knit even. I am not willing to turn on my air conditioner just yet especially when it is supposed to be back in the 60's tomorrow.










One bump of this roving.











Became that yarn. Which is about 482 yards of lace weight or light fingering. It might end up being a Shetland Triangle Shawl, I am not sure yet.








This is the reason why the Mockery Socks from the last post have not grown any. I am trying to finish up some projects that were in my knitting and this seemed like the easiest one to finish up first. Socks go pretty quickly when you are working on size 3's.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Baby, that is some gorgeous green yarn!

Sigrun said...

We know all about wind and cold, but not much about heat yet. spinning always amazes me. Did you buy the roving already dyed, or did you dye it yourself? The spun yarn is gorgeous.

Guinifer said...

Gorgeous bump-to-yarn!