Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Looks Can Be Deceiving


I am not usually one to complain about the weather. I usually take what comes and enjoy it if I can. I do have one small complaint. I hate the fact that sunny winter or late fall (as we are now in) days are so deceiving. I look outside my breezeway door and you get this.

This sunny, breezy day. I think it should be cloudy and dreary because it is only 22 degrees here in Minnesota today. Something is wrong. Pretty days like this should be warm and I should be wearing no coat. Just my two cents.


Unfortunately, I will not finish Lacevember before the end of the month. I really have no excuse (unless of course you count, laundry, dishes, taking care of three kids, fixing Thanksgiving dinner for 13 people, having an outbreak of the stomach flu, and the love of knitting socks an excuse). It just isn't going to happen but I am proud of myself for participating and seeing all the lovely things that were made this month by the other participants. Here is my progress so far. It has grown but not enough to be considered a scarf. Maybe the scarf needs steroids so it can bulk up.

And last but not least, my sock that I am currently working on.

I am doing it in Knit Picks Memories Fly Fishing. I am finding that I like this thicker yarn but I have decided I don't like bamboo DPN's since I have used Knit Picks Options DPN's. So I had to place an order for some size 2's so I can finish. I will continue to work on them until they get here though.

Have a great day.

No comments: