Tuesday, December 31, 2013
The Mondo Cable Pullover has been done for a few weeks. I kept meaning to take better pictures of it, but never got around to it. I am so excited that it fits and turned out well.
This pair of socks had been on the needles for over two months. I started the striping socks before these were finished but I kept having guilt about these so I hurried up and finished them last week.
These were my goals for this year,
Well, a new year has come upon us so I have made myself some goals.
These are the ten things I want to do this year.
1. Take better care of myself and exercise more. I did better last year and I want to continue. I managed to do this, I continued exercising and I feel better for it.
2. Further develop my relationship with God. I did read my Bible everyday last year and I hope to do that again this year. (I already read for today). I have stuck with this one pretty well.
3. Use yarn from my stash. I used some but could have done better
4. Knit more sweaters. I am determined to finish the sweater I started in 2010. I just have the two sleeves, part of the right front, button bands, and collar. I finished one sweater see above.
5. Project monogamy. I will try not to have too many projects going so I can finish things in a timely manner.
I did better with this. I will never be a totally monogamous knitter though.
6. Read 75 books. I read 52 last year after I started keeping track in June. I love Goodreads for keeping track.
I read 94 books this year.
7. Blog more. I succeeded with this by two posts more than last year.
8. Spin at least 26 braids with a main goal of 39. Not really sure how well I did in this category this year. I know that I didn't spin as much as I did the year before.
9. Run a 5K without stopping to walk at all. Epic FAIL!!!!!
10. Find joy in everyday. Remember what is really important and not to worry about things that don't really matter or that I can't control. Still ongoing, some days it can be difficult at times but there is joy everywhere I just have to choose to find it.
Monday, December 30, 2013
This is a Luxe Cowl out of Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa. It took me a little over 24 hours to knit, thanks to sappy Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel and a snow storm.
I started these socks on Monday of last week. The first one is completely finished and the second one is on the needles. Self striping yarn is very addictive. It makes me want to knit just one more color.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
I had few projects that I finished quite a while ago but never posted or finished updating them in Ravelry.
These Seamless Saloma slippers I knit for a lady I work with. She had some yarn that she gave me and I told her I would knit her something with it. These were a quick and easy knit. I am sure I will make more.
This is my Quaker Yarn Stretcher scarf/shawl. I finished this back in September but never posted finished object photos.
This project is the one that has been done the longest. I started it in January of 2012, finished it in January 2013, and I am finally posting pictures of it in December 2013. I am a slug.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
I finally finished the Neon Spring Socks after Gabby the Wonderdog decided to chew on the heel of one of them. I pretty much reknit the whole second sock except for the ribbing on the top. I admit that I was worried about if they were going to match or not so I kind of ignore them for a while because I just didn't want to deal with them. I am such a goober. They turned out fine. I was even able to enter them in the Holiday Knitalong at the Desert Vista Dyeworks group on Ravelry.