I have to admit that I was a little afraid to spin this fiber. I have never spun BFL/Seacell blend. I love the streaks of seacell that didn't take the color.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Today's Topic: 10 Things To Do Inside When It's Too Cold To Go Outside.
2. Read a Book
3. Watch Kansas Jayhawks Basketball
4. Bake cookies
5. Clean house (not really but it sounds good).
6. Put a puzzle together
7. Watch TV or a good movie
8. Take a hot bubble bath
9. Spin beautiful yarn
10. Take a nap all snuggled up under a blanket.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
I have started on my 12 lbs of Crazy project. I have really been "bitten" by the spinning bug lately. This is the first yarn I finished this year, approximately 322 yards of heavy fingering two ply. It was dyed by Wild Ivy and it is BFL.
My second yarn for this year is the December SAL from AllSpunUp. It is approximately 332 yards of merino/tencel heavy fingering weight. The colorway was Water Lilies.
Both of the yarns turned out really well and I am excited to knit something with them. I just need to find the "perfect" project for them both.
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
The topic today is 10 Things You Want to Do This Year
1. Take better care of myself.
2. Continue to read my Bible everyday and develop my relationship with God.
3. Spin more. I signed up for the 12 Pounds in 2012. I am calling it my 12 Lbs of Crazy project. (The above yarn is what I am currently spinning.
4. Make two sweaters for me. This includes the one I started in 2010.
5. More organized.
6. Knit 12 pairs of socks, six of them from my stash.
7. Listen more.
8. Worry less. Quit worrying about things I have absolutely no control over.
9. Read 75 books this year.
10. Find more happiness in everyday. We tend to focus so much on the bad and not enjoy the good.
Sunday, January 01, 2012
Well it is a new year, and I have new handspun yarn. This is some Wild Ivy Designs. She doesn't always give them names so I make them up as I go. I called this one Easter Basket.
This is the Polwarth from The Knitgirllls SAL/KAL. I don't know the yardage on this one either but I am going to put it back on my niddy noddy to find out. I had a little over 400 before I soaked it, but Polwarth seems to bloom so I will check it again before I decide what to knit with it.